Privacy & Cookies
What information do we gather?
We gather information that relates to, and can identify you (e.g. your name and address) and information that does not identify you (e.g. a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our website).
We collect information that does not identify you to evaluate our site, ensure that our site and services run properly and ensure we are paid for advertising services we offer.
We might also collect your IP address through the placement of cookies.
How do we gather information?
Information is gathered in two ways:
- Indirectly (e.g. using website technology or technology when you use a Pulse Alternative application for a mobile device); and
- Directly (e.g. when you buy a subscription, sign up to create a Pulse Alternative profile, download a mobile device application or you otherwise provide your information when you interact with us).
How do you decide how you want to hear from us?
- We always explain why and how we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. We also provide the means for you to grant or withhold your permission for us to contact you.
- When responding to promotions, offers etc., if you do not wish for your details to be used by us to send you promotions and offers, please make this clear through the provisions provided.
How we use your information
We might use your information to:
- Remember you when you visit our website and track your browsing patterns by using cookies. You can prevent this by changing the settings of your browser.
- Ensure any products or services you receive are correctly administered (including subscriptions).
- Contact you by email, mail, telephone or sms text message to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which, in some cases may be provided by third parties) but only according to the permissions you give us.
- Ensure materials on the website or in apps are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device.
- Collate and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage.
- Assess and understand customer feedback and identify usage hotspots.
If you have subscribed to any of or services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you have told us otherwise.
Accessing and updating your personal information
- You can update your details and marketing preferences by accessing your account pages on the website.
- You have the right to access the personal information held about you.
We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business, if we required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
We sometimes share your personal information with third parties who are our subcontractors or providers of various products and services on our behalf e.g. the providers of the services.
We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in order to carry out the activities listed in “Use of Your Information”.
A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and build up a profile of how our readers use the website. We might use that information to target advertisements to you on our and other websites.
- Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details; remember your settings preferences; and meter the number of pages you view for the purpose of administering subscriptions to Pulse Alternative.
- Third party advertising and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our site.
They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once. They might also allow the advertiser to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites.
We have no access to third party cookies and third party organisations have no access to ours. The third party organisations that place cookies have their own strict privacy policies.